Research Interests & Publications:
My research focuses on questions of ``quantum engineering'', a budding area of research which focusses on application of the quantum mechanics to nano-technology. I am interested in the control and manipulation of quantum systems, enhanced precision and sensitivities that reflect quantum features, such as quantum entanglement, sensitivity of quantum systems to outside interventions and noise. I do theory, and use methods of mathematical physics, geometry, spectral theory, analysis, and animations.
link to Personal Website
- J. E. Avron and O. Kenneth, Entanglement and the geometry of two qubits, Ann. Phys., 324, 470-496, (2009).
- J. E. Avron and O. Raz, A geometric theory of swimming: Purcell's swimmer and its symmetrized cousin, New J. Phys., 10, 063016, (2008) .
- J. E. Avron, G. Bisker, D. Gershoni, N. H. Lindner, E. A. Meirom and R. J. Warburton, Entanglement on Demand through Time Reordering. Phys. Rev. Lett., 100, 120501, (2008).
- O. Raz and J. E. Avron, Swimming, pumping and gliding at low Reynolds numbers, New J. Phys., 9, 437, (2007).
- J. E. Avron and O. Kenneth, Swimming in curved space Or The Baron and the Cat, New J. Phys., 8, 68 (2006).
- N. Akopian, N.H. Lindner, E. Poem. Y. Berlatzky, J. Avron, D. Gershoni, D.B. Gerardot and P.M. Petroff, Entangled photon pairs from a semiconductor quantum dot, Phys. Rev. Lett., 96, 130501 (2006)
- J. E. Avron, B. Gutkin and D. Oaknin, Topological swimming in a quantum sea, Phys. Rev. Lett., 96, 130602 (2006).
- J. E. Avron , O. Kenneth and D. H. Oaknin, Pushmepullyou: An efficient micro-swimmer, New J. Phys., 7, 234, (2005).
- J. E. Avron, O. Gat and O. Kenneth, Optimal swimming at low Reynolds numbers , Phys. Rev. Lett., 93, 186001, (2004).
- J. E.Avron, A. Elgart, G. M. Graf and L. Sadun, Transport and Dissipation in Quantum Pumps, J. Stat. Phys., 116, 425-473 (2004).
- J. E. Avron, D. Osadchy and R. Seiler, A topological look at the quantum Hall effect, Physics Today, 56, August, 38-42, (2003).
- J. E. Avron and A. Elgart, Adiabatic Theorem without a Gap Condition, Comm. Math. Phys., 203, 445-463, (1999).
- J. E. Avron and P. G. Zograf, Geometric Forces on Point Fluxes in Quantum Hall Fluids , J. Stat. Phys., 92, 1193-1201, (1998).
- J. E. Avron, R. Seiler and P. Zograf, Viscosity of Quantum Hall Fluids, Phys. Rev. Lett., 75, 697-700, (1995).
- J. E. Avron, R. Seiler and B. Simon, Charge Deficiency, Charge Transport and Comparison of Dimensions, Comm. Math. Phys., 159, 399-422, (1994).
- J. E. Avron, R.Seiler and B. Simon, Quantum Hall effect and the relative index of Projections, Phys. Rev. Lett., 65, 2185-2189, (1990).
- J. E. Avron, J. Segert, L. Sadun and B. Simon,Chern numbers, Quaternions and Berry's phase in Fermi systems, Comm. Math. Phys., 124, 595-627, (1989).