Research Interests & Publications:
Theoretical studies of condensed matter systems which exhibit interesting quantum phases at low temperatures.
These include superconductivity, superfluidity, quantum solids, spin liquids, heavy fermions, and quantum Hall phases.
Many of these systems can be modelled by lattice Hamiltonians with strong interactions.
Solving these models and computing their correlation functions and transpprt coefficients, motivates us to develop numerical and analytical approaches such as exact diagonalizations, Quantum Monte Carlo, continued fractions calculations, and numerical renormalization group.
link to Personal Website
- E. Altman and A. Auerbach, Plaquette Boson-Fermion Model of Cuprates, Phys. Rev. B 65, 104508-15, (2002).
- E.Altman and A.Auerbach, Oscillating Superfluidity of Bosons in Optical Lattices, Phys. Rev. Lett. 89, 250404 -250407, (2002).
- E.Berg, E.Altman and A.Auerbach, Singlet Excitations in Pyrochlore: A Study of Quantum Frustration, Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, 147204-147207, (2003).
- Assa Auerbach, Daniel P. Arovas and Sankalpa Ghosh, Quantum tunneling of vortices in two-dimensional condensates, Phys. Rev. B 74,64511, (2006).
- Assa Auerbach and G. Venketeswara Pai, Nonlinear current of strongly irradiated quantum Hall gas, Phys. Rev. B 76, 205318-11, (2007).
- Yaacov E. Kraus, Assa Auerbach, H. A. Fertig, and Steven H. Simon, Testing for Majorana Zero Modes in a px+ipy Superconductor at High Temperature by Tunneling Spectroscopy, Phys. Rev. Lett. 101, 267002, (2008).
- Alexander Mihlin and Assa Auerbach, Temperature dependence of the order parameter of cuprate superconductors, Phys. Rev. B 80, 134521-8, (2009).
- Netanel H. Lindner and Assa Auerbach, Conductivity of hard core bosons: A paradigm of a bad metal, Phys. Rev. B 81, 054512-14, (2010).